Condominium association disputes are common and can be extremely frustrating for homeowners. If you are involved in a condominium association dispute, the following tips can help:
- Know the rules, comply with them to the best of your ability, and if you are accused of being in violation of a rule, ask for a hearing.
- Be pleasant when interacting with the “powers that be.”
- Get everything in writing.
- Don’t argue the rule at a hearing, but if you want a rule change, start a petition.
- Make sure you know the penalties.
- Never stop paying your dues in retaliation.