TRAVIS G. MAISEL
20 North Clark, Suite 320,
Chicago, Illinois 60602
Fax no. (312) 578-9020
Admitted to Illinois Bar, November 1977
Admitted to Federal Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1977
Admitted to Federal Trial Bar, 1982
Admitted to practice before the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, 1992
John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
– Juris Doctor, June 1977
Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington, Illinois
– Bachelor of Arts Degree, Political Science, June 1974
- Court-Certified mediator for the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois Major Case Civil Mediation Program and Chancery Mediation Program.
- Court approved mediator for the Circuit Court of Will County, Illinois
- Member of the commercial arbitration panel of the American Arbitration Association since 1985.
- Trained in the mediation of e-discovery disputes by the American College of e-Neutrals
- Completed 40 hour Mediation/Arbitration Training at Illinois State Bar Association in addition to attending numerous seminars on conducting mediations
- Participated in 100s of arbitrations as single arbitrator and as member of three man arbitration panels.
- Represented clients at 100s of mediations and arbitrations
- Pro-Bono mediator for the small claims court of the Circuit Court of Will County, Illinois
Law Office of Travis G. Maisel
Areas of Practice
- Prosecuting personal injury claims and claims for unemployment benefits
- Representing businesses and individuals in contract and other commercial claims both as plaintiff and defendant, including trademark and copyright disputes
- Defense of personal injury claims for self-insured companies, individuals and insurance companies in the following areas: automobile, homeowners, commercial, landlords, trucking, construction, roller skating, third-party assault and product liability.
- Prosecuting and defending insurance coverage cases for individuals, companies and insurance companies.
- Subrogation – prosecuting subrogation claims for property damage and bodily injury.
- Arbitrator for uninsured and underinsured motorist claims, business disputes and commercial claims.
- Mediator with background in tort/negligence/insurance coverage claims, commercial claims, business disputes, professional negligence and e-discovery
- Tried over 140 jury trials, approximately 100 non-jury trials and approximately 100 arbitrations. In addition I have represented clients in hundreds of mediations and pre-trials.
- Appellate Experience – Oral argument in two appeals and defended three other appeals with no oral argument before the Illinois Appellate Court.
Fellow of the International Academy of Dispute Resolution, member of the Association of Attorney-Mediators, the Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, American Bar Association, Illinois Association of Defense Trial Council and the Defense Research Institute.